Monday, November 17, 2014

30 Days of Thankful - Day 18

I know you are asking your self where are days 5-17... I have them, in my head, and for now that is where they will stay... life, and some darkness got in the way and I was not able to write like I wanted to... it happens and I just need to move on and start from where I can...


November 18 2014: Day 18

Today I am thankful for my Best Friend.  It’s been some 16 years now since she entered my life and I don’t know how I managed through life before her.

Boobs (I promise, she is cool with the code name!) is the kind of person people are drawn too.  She just has this presents about her that makes her welcoming and safe.  Her beauty is not just skin deep.  She is a beautiful person inside and out and it radiates from her.  She is the person who is always there for the people she cares about, regardless of what she has going on in her own life.  She truly is “that” friend, you know… “That” friend who always has time for you, who always attends your events, invites you to coffee, sends you Christmas cards, will watch your kids in a pinch, will help you move, whatever you need… and never expects anything in return.

I love her more than I had ever thought possible for a friendship.  She is actually more a sister to me than a friend at this point.  There have been years when I have been estranged from my own family, that she was all the family I had.  She has loved and cared form my kids like they were her own and she has built a friendship with my husband that is theirs separate from me.  The running joke actually is that I married the male version of her.  Boobs and The Hubby truly are very much alike, having similar opinions and views on life.  It is kind of crazy to have a best friend and a husband who have at times essentially shared the same brain… but that is for a different post!!

Life is always a little better when your best friend is also your favorite drinking buddy, shopping friend, concert companion, coffee date, work-out partner and therapist.  She is My Person!

Having her at my side all these years has made me a stronger person.  She has held me up when I have not been able to hold myself up.  She has prayed with me when I have lost my faith.  She has wiped tears from my eyes when my heart break has consume me, and she has held my hand to remind me I am not alone.  She has always been there, no matter what, never being anything but the best friend possible.  She has supported me during ever moment of our friendship, even when her own life has presented struggles and difficulties.

She wears her strength in the form of a smile.  She weathers storms some times in silence, determined to figure it out on her own.  I am often in awe of how she manages to keep it all together, if only in appearance, when I know the struggles she is facing.  I know that behind close doors, when she is alone, she breaks down, she feels the feelings she tries to keep at bay.  She is a warrior, a fighter, a battle scared soul who is determined to make her life what she wants it to be, to raise children she is proud of and to live a life that she is proud of and through it all, she remains the friend that is always there... for any of her friends who needs her.

I am so blessed and thankful to have such a remarkable person in my life, as my person.  I am better because of her and with her and my love for her is limitless.  At the end of my journey, when my story is told, she will be the person to tell it, having known every secret, every story, every moment, because we are after all just two fish bowls swimming in a fish bowl (don’t worry, I know the actual lyrics… boobs get’s it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment