Tuesday, November 4, 2014

30 Days of Thankful - Day Two

November 2nd, 2014 : Day Two



Today I find myself immensely thankful for the patience I have been instilled with.
The world around me seems to be in a seemingly constant state of "Hurry-Up".  There is a chaotic feel about life.  As a mother and wife I feel like I spend most of my time waiting on someone or something.  If I lacked patience (and admittedly some days I do) this state of "waiting" would be enough to drive me mad.
 
Like most people, I enjoy instant gratification, I want what I want, when I want it... but my life does not always allow this... again, I must play the waiting game.  Again, My patience plays a role in keeping me sane (relatively speaking) as life works it's self out.

There are days, moments really when chaos is at it's peak and I forget I have patience and I try to speed the world up... it never ends well, when I rush, when I push and shove and go against my patient nature.  there is usually screaming and yelling and lots of tears.  I don't feel like myself.  I don't feel as though I have any control and I want to hide from the world.  My patience keeps me grounded, and calm.  I don't like to override my patience... I always come away feeling and  looking like a crazed bitch... not a good look on me.  Patience gets me through... through the really long days of school and work and girls scouts and leadership corp and cooking and cleaning and "mom I need this" and "mom I need that" and all the other craziness that is my day.  It get's me through my really rough days  when I have health issues and anxiety and loads of emotional turmoil and sadness.  It gets me through my fun days and normal days and all the in-between days.

I am thankful and grateful to have been blessed with patience... as a tool, as a weapon, as a life line, as the same, quiet, calm part of me!

Please feel free to share with me what you are Thankful for... leave a comment or a link in the comments where we can find your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment