Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Because I did not know what else to write... Random Thoughts

I was not going to write tonight.  I was just going to take the night off and go to bed and work on a piece with some substance for tomorrow.  I tried to lay down and go to sleep.  It did not work.  I was laying here and all I could think about was how I did not write something today and I told myself I would write every day.  So here I am... So... some random thoughts...

1. It is going to drop below 30 degrees here... that might not be cold for the rest of the country, but I live in south Texas... that is cold.  It is the kind of cold that has been the main topic on the news for days and will probably lead to extended news coverage troughout the day tomorrow.  Growing up in Colorado I have felt -30 degree weather... I know cold... but I live in south Texas... were it does not get cold, so when they start talking about hard freezes... I pay attention.

2. The Hubby came home from soccer practice SOAR.  He needed T-Dog to help him get out of the car.  I am so proud that he is doing something new and good for him... he is however figuring out fast that he is not 20 something anymore, that his 30 something body is not what it used to be and does not move like it used to.  I love my middle aged, slightly overweight husband and the effort he is putting forth to do something good for himself. I should use him as motivation.

3. I am saddened by the news of the terrorist attack in Paris France today.  I hate that we live in a world where people are targeted because they share their opinions.  It is a sad, sad fact that you don't know where you are safe anymore.  I hate terrorist, don't they get that they are a bunch of hypocritical fools who attack innocent people for having the same freedom of belief as they do.  I don't understand the radical thinking of terrorist, no matter what God/Leader they follow.

4. I need a life.  Really... all I have been doing lately is eating and watching Netflix.  I need to get out of the house, I need to get more active again... I need a manicure.  I need a friend I can go have coffee with.  I need to join a book club or a crochet club.  My lack of social interaction outside of my home is starting to wear on me.  I miss having friends (they all still live in Colorado).  I need a job outside of my house.  I need a life.

Okay... I think I have gotten my writing for the day out of me and now I can go to bed!!





No comments:

Post a Comment